Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"TRUST....Someone, Something, Yourself"

Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  It's the middle of the week and a lot has happened since Sunday and there is still more to come for the remainder of the week.
A lot of slush is happening today due to the sun melting the snow.
I'm  probably sure the children will go back to school tomorrow and everything will fall back to being "normal".
The big question I'm asking today is:  Who or What do you TRUST?
In June of 2010, Ann Naylor wrote on this topic. "Do you ever fear for the future, or doubt that government and business enterprise will make wise choices for the greatest good? Do you  trust others to act responsibly? Who or what, if anything, do you feel you can trust these days? Do you trust yourself?"  That was 2010, and here, I'm asking the same thing in 2017.
Someone: Husband, wife, family member, teacher, boss, athlete, actor, actress, government official, etc.  Just how much can you trust them?  If they are flaky or shaky can you build a trusting relationship with them?
Something: There are so many ads and commercials trying to make you believe in a product.  You may purchase something based on that ad or commercial thinking that it is going to work as presented.  Do you trust a product before making a purchase?
Yourself: Here is where things gets a little interesting.  Do you believe trusting yourself is simple?
Can you do what you say you will do?   Do you  not agree to what you will not fulfil?  Are you  willing to renegotiate agreements that you are unable to keep?

I made a card with this question in mind today:

Supplies for making this card:
Neenah white cardstock; Recollections blue cardstock; Designer paper from Create and Craft; Ranger watercolor paper
Distress ink used: stormy sky from Ranger
The envelopes were made using double sided paper.  Since I only needed a small piece, I pulled pieces from my paper stash and made four envelops with faux Recollections gems attached to the flap.
I used a die from Tonic studio called "sweet melia" to cut out the blue swirly vine.
The tag with the sentiment "trust yourself" came from K and Company.


I always present a question and let you think on the answer.  I cannot answer for you.
I  start first with trusting God and then myself because I believe He has given me the the knowledge and ability to do just that.  In trusting God first, then, you will be able to have self trust.  Trusting yourself will lead to trusting others.   Don't you agree?

Thanks for viewing the card even if you didn't read the post.  Your comments are always welcome. 

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: