Monday, February 20, 2017

"Do You Have The BEST Sibling?

Monday, February 20, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It's Presidents' Day...some of you are still on a long weekend and still celebrating the time off.   Many sales are going on in different stores...what's in your bag?   Is it time for something new?  I ventured out this weekend and did my usual...shifting items from one side of the hanger  to the other and walking out of the store with zilch.  I did get a few items in the grocery store so I guess I can say all was not lost.

Do you have a sibling or siblings?  Do you feel they are the best?  If you could trade them in for someone different...would you do it?
Our siblings might have been considered our worst enemies when we were growing up.  The fights, the borrowing clothes, the jealous behavior, the breaking of toys,  and or the tattling were some of the things we had to endure while growing up.   Fast forward, ten or fifteen years and you're all grown up with families of your own.  You've started to feel "real love" for them after all the fighting, complaining and competing. As we get older, we become more independent and separate from our siblings, which actually contributes to increased intimacy and closer bonds.
When you do consider your sibling or siblings, they are there to help you in many areas of your life.  Think about how many times you have said, "if it wasn't for my brother who told me..." or "if my sister hadn't done it...".  Whether we want to admit it or not,  our sibling/siblings play major roles in our emotional and psychological health.  They help us have better relationships with others.   They also make us smarter and influence our ambition.

I'm from a large family.  There are nine out of ten of us still living.  Eight girls and one boy.  My oldest sister is ten years older than me and we will be celebrating her birthday this week.  The girls of the family always say this quote, "My Sister has the best Sister".  That's the way we are!

I have her card ready to go postal and I'm sharing it with you today:
I'm going to enter this at WordArtWednesday
Challenge Weeks #270-271 - Anything Goes

2nd photo of card

Supplies used:
Tim Holtz runway dolls
Sizzix heart dies
Amy Design bench die
Prima "Tales of You & Me paper pad
Ranger "Christmas red" stickles
Sizzix big shot machine
 
Thanks for coming over to view today.  I hope you have a great day with lots of fun and a slice of cherry pie.
Come again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: