Friday, February 3, 2017

#GoRedWearRed

Friday, February 3, 2017

Hello to all my visitors, followers, viewers and friends.  Let's get ready for some football...the Super Bowl weekend.  Who do you want to win?  I'd rather ask you than to give my answer.  My team is not even playing, so all I can say is...let the best team win.   I'm mostly interested in the half-time show and from what I've read and heard on the talk shows, it is going to be a very good one.  Will Lady Gaga perform from the top of the stadium?  I guess you and I will have to watch and see.

I went "red" today, on my  card for your viewing.  Since you can't see that I've dress in red, I thought I would go along with this National day of observance and use it on my card creation:
 http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/2017/02/02/february-3-2017-national-women-physicians-day-national-carrot-cake-day-national-wear-red-day-national-day-the-music


  • I've used the traditional Neenah white cardstock;
  • red cardstock from DCWV "The Old World Stack" for layering
  • The focal layer was stamped with stamps from Altenew Persian Motifs stamps using VersaMark and white embossing powder.  
  • The background of the focal layer was distress in a somewhat "ombre" layer using "barn door" Tim Holtz distress ink.
  • The sentiment was stamped on a piece of DCWV "The Old World Stack" using jillibean soup "Handwritten Sentiments" stamp and  jet black archival ink
  • Recollections faux gems were placed on the card.



My Accomplishment for playing along at Word Art Wednesday during Anything Goes - Challenge Weeks #266-267

Thanks for checking out my blog today.  Enjoy your weekend.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: