Friday, March 10, 2017

"A Piece- A- Day Card"

Friday, March 10, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.

Ready for the weekend?  Yes, I am!   I'm planning on going to a craft exhibition on Saturday...just to get some ideas and to enjoy what others have made.

Happy Birthday to one of my sisters  (GPR).  Hope your day is an enjoyable one.

 Readers, look back at my title for today because it says exactly how this card was made...a piece each day.
This card started on Monday.  I took a Neenah white piece of cardstock and embossed it with an old textured plate that was in the back of my file cabinet.  I just wanted to know how the embossing would look because I had never used this item before.  I think it came free with some items I had ordered years ago.  I placed the embossed piece aside, satisfied with the look...(my thought)...I'll use it one day.

Tuesday, while playing with some inks from Umbrella Crafts (coral; summer orange and peaches N cream), I colored the embossed piece of card.  I was going for an ombre effect in which I did achieve. Again, placed aside because I had something else in mind.

Wednesday, I cut out the die from Our Daily Bread Designs "Beautiful Borders and Spellbinders "Grate Effect".   The Grate Effect die cut was cut down to the size I wanted.  I mat and layered a piece of Prima "Tales of You & Me" paper with brown Recollections cardstock.  My plan was to use this to make something for "National International Women's Day" but I changed my mind and again placed the piece aside.

Thursday, I cut out the Spellbinders Victorian Bow from a piece of cardstock from my stash...determined to finish this card, I used a sentiment from some stickers I had for a planner....it was placed aside again because the sentiment was calling for something else.

This morning, Friday, I used my Cricut Expression and the Flower Market cartridge to cut out the "hot air balloon.  I wanted to go with a bicycle but it would not look good up in the air to balance all the other items on the card.  I added three faux gems and a star that was on my desk.
I photographed the card and started writing about its journey during this week.
an entry to be submitted to http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Challenge #272-273 - Anything Goes

these are some of the items used to bring this card together



The lesson I take from this card:  Your goals, your dreams, your aspiration don't happen all at one time.  Sometimes, they come piece by piece until the full puzzle is put together.  God doesn't give us everything all at once because we will not appreciate the small pieces it takes to enjoy our journey!

Go forth and have a beautiful weekend.  Embrace your journey!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: