Monday, March 13, 2017

"Distress Oxide... 1st Try"

Monday, March 13, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers. 
Welcome to Monday.
 We are back from a glorious, cold, windy weekend that was still full of fun and relaxation.
Our weather people are saying we will have snow coming in tonight.  My granddaughter saw some in her area this weekend.  She was getting excited because as it was sticking, she thought the school would be closed.  However, the sun came out in the afternoon and it all melted away.

At first I wasn't going to do it...buy the new Distress Oxide inks.   I looked in my painting and coloring supplies and said, "I don't need anything else to color with."   As you can see from this post, I had no restraint (a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits).  My sister made one comment... (You may want to use it for the darker colored cardstock)  and this sent me off to start looking for a bargain.  I found one and the inks arrived within two days.

Here is the card I made:
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step




 I used the following Distress Oxide: worn lipstick; fossilized amber and broken china on top of a piece of paper taken from Paper House "Field Study" paper pad.  The next thing I did was to stamp the image from Stamp in Up "Beautiful You" onto the distressed paper (the dress is paper pieced from paper I had in my stash).  I cut out the "flower bramble" from the Cuttlebug die and separated pieces of it to fit within the frame which was cut from black Recollections cardstock.

Here, you have some of the other items used to make this card:
Paper House "Field Study" paper pad
Cricut Cuttlebug "flower bramble" die
Stampin'Up "Beautiful You" stamp
Ranger Distress Oxide inks

I'm going to experiment with these inks and watch YouTube to see what else I can do with them.  Someone posted that Jennifer McGuire did a tutorial or post on how she used these inks.  I'm going to check it out and will keep you posted on what I can do with them.

Thanks for viewing.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois




No comments: