Friday, April 14, 2017

"Bits And Bobs"

Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It is the Friday before Easter Sunday, on which the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ is commemorated in the Christian Church. It is traditionally a day of fasting and penance.

Some non-Christians as well as Christians may be wondering..."what's so good about "Good Friday"?  I'm going to be at a special "Good Friday" program this evening and this is the question I want to present to the audience.  I'm confident that many in the audience will already know the answer to this question, however, after listening to the other presenters, they will all know the correct answer by the  end of the program.
 
Look back at my title "Bits and Bobs" (an assortment of small items."weird bits and pieces of paraphernalia").
The title for today is one that was given to a project I entered on another website this week.  A comment came from a viewer and she called my card "bits and bobs".  Okay, my fair lady, you gave me a title I could use for my card today.  I did exactly as the meaning presented...I used bits and pieces from my stash (as I usually do on Friday) to created something .  Usually I would titled my piece as "Using My Stash" but I used her title instead.  Since my pieces were recent ones , I could tell what I used to help you out if you decide to CASE this project:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
All pieces were previously done and placed in my stash.  Here is what I remembered doing:
  • I used a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock for my focal area.  On this piece, I used Distress crayons to color ( yellow, pink, purple) as well as using stencils on top of the finished colored cardstock.  
  • Using the bits (poinsettia flower, garden greens and romantic vines, I group them together to form the focal image.  
  • I then cut a piece of tulle and added it to the group of floral pieces.
  • I used NUVO "copper penny" drops around the tulle and in the center of the poinsettia flower
  • The sentiment came from Recollections "mixed media" paper pad

items used for this project...starting from the top left...
Sizzix poinsettia die
Sizzix garden greens die
Spellbinders Romantic Vines die
Plaid stencils from Walmart
Ranger Distress Crayons #1 and #2
Offray purple tulle

I hope you enjoyed viewing my bits and pieces from my stash or my bits and bobs to make this card.
Your visit and comment are always welcome!
Have a fun-filled, enjoyable Easter weekend!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: