Thursday, April 27, 2017

"Let's Get Whimsical...Whimsical"

Hello friends, visitors, followers and viewers.  It's Thursday everybody...yay!!! One more day before the weekend.  Stay "on the grind" today (as my friend would say) ...because weekend joy is coming. April is almost over.  A new month and new adventures will start to happen on Monday.  Let's continue to enjoy these beautiful spring days.

Let's talk about being whimsical...just how whimsical (playfully quaint or fanciful, especially in an appealing and amusing way: acting or behaving in a capricious manner) can you get?  Are you always so business-like that you can't let your hair down for a few moments?  Are you afraid that if you do act playfully, your child or other adults will think something  is seriously wrong with you?

I love to come out of a staunch mood and just be whimsical for a pleasing effect.  Some days I just can't help from just having a good laugh at myself.   Try it sometimes...it will sure make you feel better.

My whimsical side is showing today. I'm using a flamingo die and Jolee's boutique coconut palm sticker.
 I specifically bought this die for that purpose (to get whimsical)  and also it was only about $2.00 (after the coupon deal).   By going to Florida often to visit our oldest daughter, you get an eye full of flamingos (real and plastic yard decorations) as well as palm trees.
Hint to my DH...does this card tell you that it is about time to make that trip again (lol)?
Anyway, here is a view of my whimsicality:
Steps:
I used the flamingo die on a piece of sticky back foam sheet to cut it out. I added a pink feather to enhance the "tail feather".
With some distressed paper left over from another project, I used a small circle die to cut out the "sun". The sun, flamingo and palm were put aside until I worked on the card front.
I used Recollections pink cardstock to cut out a frame ( 5. 25 x 3.75).
I backed the cut out section of the frame with a sheet of paper from Ki "Bright Geo paper pad.
This was layered to a piece of Recollections black cardstock.
I cut out another piece of paper from the same Ki "Bright Geo" paper pad (4.5 x 6) and matted this to a piece of the pink cardstock; then layered to a black piece of cardstock before mounting it to the Neenah white card base (6.25 x 5) . The frame piece was added to this piece.
I added all the focal images to the card.  Lastly, I used Recollections color splash stamp set to stamp the sentiment onto the card using black archival ink.
It was just so whimsical to make and to look at the finished result. 

Some of the items used,
starting from the left:
Ki Bright Geo Paper Pad
Sticky Back Foam sheets
Recollections cut and emboss flamingo die
Jolee's boutique coconut palms sticker
Recollections color splash stamp and stencil

Thanks for viewing with me today.  Let your hair down and just have an enjoyable whimsical day.  Come back again!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois




No comments: