Wednesday, April 5, 2017

" Playing With Cricut Art Deco Cartridge"

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  What do you say to "hump" day?
Everything is okay at the present time but we are preparing for the severe weather headed our way. When tornadoes are in the weather forecast, we need to take precaution and try to stay safe.  We want you to do the same.

A Google+ friend has been posting a lot of cards made with the Cricut machine.  My machine stays parked for a while and then I'll pull it out to play.  Today was one of those days.

I've had a cartridge that I bought years ago just for the fonts and never played around with the other images until today.  My interest was also sparked by a TV show called "Create and Craft" in which they often show something about ART DECO ( the predominant decorative art style of the 1920s and 1930s, characterized by precise and boldly delineated geometric shapes and strong colors, and used most notably in household objects and in architecture).  Since I have a cartridge with that name, I decided to do something with the images today:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Supplies:
Neenah white cardstock; American Craft cardstock ; Recollections Mixed Media Carstock
Cricut Art Deco cartridge
American Craft Bible Journaling stamp
  

Cartridge used

Bible journaling stamps
Cricut Expression machine


I will enter this card @ Scrapbook.com for their challenge in using the Cricut for the month of April.  Today, I had fun cutting out the images and dressing them up.
I have other cartridges that I will find some inspiration from or continue to use this one.  Some beautiful ladies and men from this cartridge will make beautiful cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day.
If you own this cartridge, pull it out and find some inspiration.  I did!

Thanks for viewing...go forth and enjoy the remainder of your day.  If you're in the path of the storm, take precaution and stay safe.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: