Tuesday, May 23, 2017

"Love and Grace"

Happy Tuesday, May 23, 2017 everyone.
Day 2 of rain and wetness.  No outside adventures today (none that I have on my agenda).
What about you?  Do you have nice weather with a fun/work day on your agenda?

I did not mention the togetherness my "Sunshine" and I had over the weekend. As a matter of fact, she did a "flip-flop" of who she wanted to spend time with this weekend. 
Her grandfather has a red Ford truck, a green jeep and an old '56 Ford.  She tells him that she has never had a ride in any of these vehicles and she wanted to know if he would take her for a ride (this was right down his  "let-me-puff-my-chest-out "attitude). 
He rode her in  the red truck where he and she could spend time together.  He took her to the park where they stayed for more than an hour.  This was grandfather and granddaughter time together  (she wasn't under my wings wanting to play in the craft room).  When they came back from their adventure, she wanted to sit in the "56 to see what that would feel like....so, he let her do that.  You would have thought she and him had won the lottery with the way they were enjoying one another.
My conclusion to this:  she (grand daughter) is finally learning that grandfathers can be just as much fun as grandmothers.

I didn't have a stamp or die for the '56 Ford or his red Ford truck.  The best I could do was to use a Sizzix embossing folder.  The one with the old jalopy vintage car.
I made a card reflecting the weekend adventure shared with granddaughter and grandfather.  It was "Love ~and~ Grace:
view of my card

Items used: Michaels Recollection Toile scrapbook paper; Echo Park Christmas paper; Recollection mixed media pad

Other items used: Cricut  Ornamental Iron 2 cartridge and Cricut Expression; Hampton Art Janet Dunn faith stamp set and Big Shot machine; Sizzix Embossing folder "old jalopy vintage car; white Novo crystal drops.

Hope you enjoyed your view today.  Please come again and leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: