Thursday, July 13, 2017

"A Lesson Learned When You Don't Plan Out Your Steps"

Good Thursday, July 13, 2017.
If you live in the southern part of the USA, did you get overheated on yesterday?  Did you stay inside to avoid the heat, humidity and the stickiness?
If yesterday was not enough for you, try it again today.  You may have some relief this evening when the storms approach.  Be careful!

Have you ever started a card with one thing on your mind but by not planning correctly, you end up with something else.?
This is what happened to me this morning when I didn't plan correctly (so many other things on my to-do-list and was rushing to get this done).
I designed the front of the card before checking out the peacock that I wanted to showcase.
I  used paper from Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Collection "Bazaar of  Wonders".  The sheet  has peacock feathers on it and I wanted to use a peacock to go with it.  I knew I had a  peacock that came with the BOHO Recollection pack of stickers.  My thoughts said that the two would make a great card.  Was I ever wrong in not planning well in advance.
When I took out the sticker to use, the Graphic 45 paper would have prevented the sticker from being showcased.  It really needs to be on a white background and I didn't provide enough white background in my design to use the peacock.  So, instead of using the peacock, I used butterflies instead.  If at first you don't succeed...cover it up with butterflies  (lol).
Things I could have done instead...
  •   I could have started this project over and made the white part of my card long enough to showcase the peacock (I just may do that when I'm not pushed for time).
  • I could have left the butterflies off the front of the card and added the peacock to the inside (good idea).
  • I could have use this day and not posted (I'm human and constructive criticism is welcome).
  I'm posting what I made instead.

 
Here is something I would like to share:
#37 Lois from Lil Artsy Woman


Thanks for viewing, commenting or just continuing to support my projects.  You are all so beautiful.

Sending a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: