Tuesday, July 11, 2017

"Stamping And Coloring For Fun"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It's a great Tuesday morning.  I'm back on schedule after having "Sunshine" (grandchild) from Saturday until Monday afternoon.   Her parents celebrated their 18th wedding anniversary without her.  She was our joy for their occasion.

I used three stamps, silver embossing powder, a die and some watercolor pencils to make my card for today.

My inspiration for the sentiment came from NationalDayCalendar.com for July 11, 2017: NATIONAL CHEER UP THE LONELY DAY
Each year on July 11, people across the United States are trying to make someone happy on National Cheer Up The Lonely Day.  If you know someone who is lonely or going through a difficult time due to health issues, financial reasons, grief due to loss or personal reasons, this was created as a day to reach out to them and try to cheer them up.  Your small act of kindness can make a big difference to them.

 This will be an entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

I started with Neenah white cardstock for my focal layer and stamped the image of the Altenew peony scrolls with Versa Mark ink and then used Ranger silver embossing powder .  The flowers were masked before using Penny Black petal power leaf stamp.  I used TH's moss green distress ink to stamp the leaves and a black pitt pen to fill in the veins on the leaves. Orange and yellow watercolor pencils were used to color the flowers. I used  one of the Hunulu rectangle metal cutting die and silver cardstock for my frame.  The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of vellum using black archival ink and adhered to the frame.  Black and yellow cardstock was used for layering before adhering to the Neenah white card base.
Items listed from left to right: Hunulu rectangle metal cutting die; Altenew peony scrolls stamp; Penny Black petal power stamp; Ranger silver embossing powder.
Here is what "Sunshine" did on July 10, 2017. 
We didn't have time to post it on yesterday.  I told her to be sure to check out Grandma's posting for today to see her card.  
She wanted to play in my Distress oxide inks, use the emoji die and to put glitter on her card.  She had specific directions for how she wanted her card.  
I cut out the cardstock pieces for the card, the layer, the base and for the frame and  assisted her in using the die cutting machine for the emoji.  Everything else was done without my assistance.  She placed her oxide inks on a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock (the way she wanted it).   She glued the emoji on top of the colored piece. She wanted the double stick tape to use for the frame.  She placed the tape on all four sides and sprinkle glitter on top of it, using her fingers to smooth it out. She glue these pieces to the black cardstock and then to her card base.
I wanted to know what did she intend to do with her card and she told me it was a secret.  

I hope you enjoy seeing both cards today.
Come again and leave a comment.  I always love hearing from you.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: