Friday, August 18, 2017

"Going For The Gold"

It's Friday, August 18, 2017.
My friends, followers, visitors and viewers, we made it to the end of another work week.  I have some peers in the education field that went back to work last week.  Some are getting ready for the opening of the 2017-2018 school year while others greeted their little ones and big ones on  Tuesday.  "Sunshine" will be going back on August 22, 2017.  The summer is really over and we are actually getting ready for the fall.
I played around with some gold cardstock this morning.  Friday is my busiest day of the week so I was going for the gold in creating a card in less than thirty minutes.  I accomplished my task.  I finished the first one and also did a second (only because I had the supplies on my desk).
 

I'm using this card "JOY" for an entry at
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com  Challenge #296-#297 - Anything Goes
It is cardstock in the "gold metallic family (Neenah metallic...you can pick it up at Walmart). The bow is a Jolee's boutique brand and the little sign has letters from a Sticko sticker pack.  I did use a Lawn Fawn border die to cut down the top gold piece.  Two embossing folders were used (Spellbinders M-Boss abilities EL-014 and Darice snowflake).  I used NUVO "golden sunset" crystal drops in the middle of the snowflakes.


 

I used another fancy fold tutorial from Pinterest to make this card along with  paper from Hunkydory "A Very Merry Christmas".  I've presented all the views from different angles.
If you type in "Z Fold Card With A Twist"  you will find a tutorial on how to make this one.  Using the paper made this one quite easy.  After cutting the cardstock and folding it.  I cut pieces of the paper to put on all five sides...very easy to do.
I'm not sure it is going to be this easy if I do not use paper that has an image on it.  I'm giving it a try somewhere in the future.

After two weeks of holiday cards, I'm going back to something else starting next week.  Sometimes doing the same thing over and over gets a little boring for me.  I'll be back to making holiday cards later.  I need a change of pace.

Thanks for visiting and posting lovely comments all week.
Take care of yourselves and enjoy the moment, the weekend, the day or just the minute.

Sending you a hug and LOVE, 
Lois

No comments: