Friday, August 25, 2017

"What's In My Stash, Friday"

It's Friday and are you glad about it?
August 25, 2017 my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  Your last work day for the week.  Probably your last good weekend before the kids are back in school.
What's on your agenda?  Back to school shopping...another weekend at the beach...relax, refresh and reflect...fishing...?????
My DH came in from cutting the grass on Wednesday and he stated..."let's just pack our bags and get out of town.  I need a change of scenery."
Where are we going?  I don't have any idea.  When we were young and adventurous, we would just get in our vehicle and ride without any planned place to stop.  Now that we have family in the north, children in the south, family in the east and don't really know anyone in the west...where shall we go?
While rummaging through things in my stash, I found items to use for today's card.  Today, I knew exactly what sentiment to put on it...something that went along with his idea of a change of scenery.  *Please note that I have stuff in a bin that I put there after coloring or cutting.  They are not used on the day or days they are made. These items are there for a day like today or when there is a quick need for a card.*
Items chosen:
  • a distress panel using Distress Oxide inks
  • a die cut panel from Crafter's Companion ...Ornate Lattice die
  • a dragonfly cut from Tonic Studio Dragonfly Brooch die
  • a quote chip from Tim Holtz's box of quote chips
  • drops of Ranger liquid pearls 
  • cardstock to match the distress panel...Recollections purple, yellow and pink cardstock
 I'm adding this card to the challenge at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
and to http://www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/august-challenge-link-party-31/

items used:
Distress Oxide #2
Crafter's Companion Ornate Lattice 
Tonic Studio Dragonfly Brooch
Ranger liquid pearls lemon chiffon
Tim Holtz quote chips
Thanks for your time viewing and for your lovely comments.  I appreciate both.
Please come again
Use your wings and do something fun, exciting and relaxing this weekend or today.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: