Friday, September 8, 2017

"Challenging My Inner Childhood"

It's Friday....
I'm trying to do something fun and festive today.
On Friday, I pull items from my stash of saved goodies that have never made it to a card.  Today I used  recent items... (one) that I was just cutting out to see what they would look like (fairies) and (two)  a piece I embossed earlier this week thinking I would use it for the Tuesday challenge.
 This is the embossing folder I used on a piece of Neenah white cardstock earlier this week.  Today, I applied distress inks to color the tree, fence, berry bush and pumpkins.  The acorns were left over from the Tuesday challenge project.
 Material for the embossed project...  Embossing folder from Sizzix; Distress oxide inks; Neenah white cardstock; black Recollection cardstock and another pattern piece from my paper stash.
These little fairies lost their wings (I cut them off).  I wanted to use designer paper to make skirts and tops but due to my time, I went with some flowers from the Recollections floral embellishments tub.
I used Studio g self adhesive gems near the waist of each fairy.  I sprinkle white embossing powder on top of the black background (no heat tool was used). To keep the powder from falling away, I used a piece of acetate to cover the images and the black cardstock.  The brick piece was embossed and cut down to cover the edges of the acetate and to frame the dancers.
I used the memory box fairies (to get the reverse image, I cut them out at the same time and flipped one to face the opposite direction).  Hero Arts white embossing powder was used to appear as sparkle or "fairy dust";  a Darice brick embossing folder was use for a frame;  flowers from Recollections floral embellishments and a gem from Studio g  were used for clothing;

These two cards will be given to my grand so she can have some fun playing with them.
We,at the present time, cannot get her interested in ballet.  She is a gymnastic individual and that is all she wants to do for now as well as swimming.  The Olympics is her goal.  We're waiting to see if her mind change in the next couple of years.

Thanks for viewing.
Continue to pray for the hurricane victims...donate to help out if you can.
Have an enjoyable, safe weekend.
Please come again and don't forget to leave a comment.  I love reading your thoughts.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: