Tuesday, September 19, 2017

"Dropping In To Say HELLO"

Happy Tuesday to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I'm just dropping in to say "hello" today with a very simple made card.  I've only used cardstock, a cut out from Cricut design space and a clothespin.
First, I have been playing around with my Cricut Explore, the Design Space and using different fonts.
I love the way Tim Holtz created dies using words with parts of the letters cut out.  I was trying not to buy the die because I would be limited to what I could put on a card.  By experimenting I found out I could do what he did with the Cricut Explore.

Note **this is the TH die I'm referring to.
To achieve a similar look, I used  the Cricut Explore and the Design Space (I could get to my fonts quicker than  using the Cricut Expression and the font from a desired cartridge).  I achieve the desired result with the word "hello" ...Give it a try.

 Second, I basically used paper from a paper pad and a Tattered Lace border die. The "hello" tag could easily be placed behind the image by adhering only three sides.  I love the foil look of some of the pages from this pad.
 This will be entered in the challenge over at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List:
Neenah white cardstock; Recollections black cardstock and the above items: 
Recollections "Secret Gardenia" paper pad and
American Craft "screen printed clothespin"


Your continued support and daily views of my cards is appreciated.
Thanks for all you do.

Comments are always appreciated.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois 

No comments: