Friday, September 15, 2017

"What's In My Stash, Friday"

It's Friday, September 15, 2017.
It's the day before the weekend fun.
I remember last Friday I was on pins with hurricane "Irma".  It is gone and most of all the people I know who live in the hurricane zone are safe and back at work.
My cards for today, as you know, comes from items I cut out, or stamped, or didn't like but didn't throw them away.  I had started calling my blog title on Friday..."What's In My Stash".  I like this because it is almost a challenge to see what I can pull out and put together before it ends up in the trash for the garbage truck on Friday.

 I was watching a craft video this morning...Jennifer McGuire did an embossed impression of a die.  I knew I had done the die impression using the butterfly die from Sizzix a while back but had not colored it.  So I pulled out the piece with the butterfly...used some VersaMark on the die and did another impression on top of the previous impression.  I heat embossed the butterfly with gold embossing powder and colored it with watercolor markers and went to town on trying to do what she did...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDbGsl-DjA.

A while back, I ordered some craft items from "Create and Craft" (a show that comes on everyday).  When the order came...it included free samples of cardstock and a stamp set with gnomes.  We laugh about the gnomes because our neighbor did a garden full of them back this spring (I didn't like what I was seeing outside my window..it was creepy).  We just laugh and said, "somebody is trying their best to punish you for not liking your neighbor's garden".

Today I did "pairs" of cards...two with butterflies and two with gnomes...take a look.
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
 The butterfly was already impressed into the water colored paper.  I impressed it again using VersaMark and gold embossing powder.  I  colored it and added some gold NUVO drops around it and waited for them to dry before layering and making the focal image into a card.  Vicki Boutin water color stickers sentiment was added also.
Below you see the butterfly twin that goes with this card.  Create and Craft also sent me some paper and as I was looking through my stash I saw this sheet.  I added a piece of ribbon and some blue stickles around the butterfly.  Another Vicki Boutin watercolor sticker was added.  I layered and made this into a card. 

Here are the lovely gnomes that came from the free Hunkydory stamp set.  I stamped four of the stamps, colored them and then adhered them to a piece of Ranger water color paper where distress ink was previously added.  The sentiment was stamp with VersaMark and white embossing powder.
The twin to this card is down below.  The panel was done last week when I thought I would use it for a "Fall" color challenge.  I had used a Sizzix window die and cut it out to look like a door.  I used the colors from the challenge to make a wreath above the door.  This was then placed on a brick embossed layer.  This morning, I used this panel and one of the gnomes (waving one) to place behind the door along with gold letters that spelled "HELLO"  

I hope you enjoyed your view.  Thanks for coming over.

Leave a comment.  I always read them and try to respond back to you.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: