Friday, December 22, 2017

"I'm NOT A Glitter Fan"

Hello beautiful people on this Friday before Christmas.
It was the first day of winter according to the weather men/women and the calendar on yesterday.
Some of you are having summer-like weather in your part of the world.  You're ready to go swimming and take long walks beside the water edge.
We, in our part of the world, are putting on heavy coats, scarfs, gloves, boots and braving the cold, crisp air.  We stay inside where it is warm.

There are ten  more days before January 1, 2018.  With that being said/written, are you just trying to finish this year out or have you given any thought to next year.
Some of us are just praying that we get to finish this year and see New Year's Day.  We have loss so many this year and in the last couple of weeks to death.  With one more week to go, who will be next?

I'm using some items that were in my stash to put together a card for the New Year.  I don't do many cards in this category.  Usually it is one or two.
 Instead of using my bottle of "fantasy snow", I used some iridescent glitter for snow on this card.  A very bad decision on my part.   I'm not a glitter fan but I thought I would try this before throwing the tube away.  I thought that if I added some glue before sprinkling the glitter, it would remain in its designated place.  It didn't happen.  It was on my hands, on the desk, on the floor and on my clothes.  Glitter appears to float anywhere and everywhere that you don't want it to go.  I don't buy this stuff...what I have, came with other things or was given to me by some non-crafters.
I'm going to enter this at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


Enabler's List:
Neenah white cardstock; Recollections Signature Paper; patterned paper from Hunkydory
inks from Distress Oxides ...peacock feathers, broken china and vintage photo
die: House in the Woods by Poppy Stamps and Double Stitched Rectangles by Our Daily Bread Design
embellishment: iridescent glitter by Horizon
sentiment: computer generated

What's on your desk this Friday?  Can you make a card out of it?

Thanks for viewing and please come again.  Your comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: