Monday, December 11, 2017

"Offray Snowflake Ribbon Background"

Hello friends, followers, viewers, family and visitors.
It's Monday, December 11, 2017.  How many more days before Christmas?  How many more days left in the year, 2017?  How many more days before we have another snowfall in the southeast part of the USA?
Saturday, we left home in the cold, cold rain heading north.  Just under fifteen miles down the highway, we start seeing cars going south with the tops full of snow and with some visible effects that it had fallen overnight on the grass and in the woods.  By the time we made it another fifteen miles, it was sleeting and light snow was falling.  It was still the wintery mix (rain, snow, sleet)  that had been predicted earlier last week.  We picked up a few items and headed back home where the snow was falling beautifully (even though I wasn't ready for it). On the way back home, we saw at least five cars that had slid off the highway due to the sleet and freezing temperatures.  We were very careful making it back home.
The snow, which I did get to see, prompted this card for today:
I started experimenting with the ribbon to see how it would look on cardstock ...straight without  making a bow.  Very impressive to use as a background... so  to cover up the Scotch adhesive, I looked in my file for a border that would go well with the ribbon. Next, I went to Pinterest and Google to find a sentiment that would go with snow/snowflake.
I will be using this card as an entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List:
cardstock: Recollections blue and black;  white PaperandMore (I encourage you to check out this supplier.  All their sample packages ships "free").  I've ordered from this company several times and I'm very satisfied with their products.
die: Penny Black border dies;  Nellie Snellen heart die
embellishment: Offray snowflake ribbon.

Thanks for taking a little time out of your busy schedule to view with me today.
Please come again and you are welcome to leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: