Friday, December 8, 2017

"WIMS Friday"

Hello family, visitors, friends, followers and viewers.
It's Friday...WIMS (What's In My Stash) day.  It is a wintery mix forecast for today leading into Saturday.  I may see a snowflake or two.  It's the beginning of a weekend journey.
It's the day of mourning but not a sad, sad day if you're a Christian.  We realize we are not here to stay forever and sometimes when you're really, really sick...family members don't want to see you suffer when there is nothing they can do about it.  It is best when God calls you home.

I pulled and plucked items from my stash this morning.  Instead of one card...I made two.  I've heard about this snow all week so I'm enhancing the outcome by making cards showing a little here and there:
The paper patterns were pulled from: Scrapbook & Collage Papers "The European Collection by TweetyJill Publications; Recollections Christmas Noel; Recollections Steampunk Botanic; DCWV The Old World Stack.
The jar is two Sticko tags.  The one on top was cut out so that I could put a piece of Offray ribbon behind it before layering it back to the second jar. 
The flowers are Recollections stickers that I've have for a long time.
I used a stamp from Art-C clear stamp set.
This will be an entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
This was a fun little card to put together.  Searching around on Pinterest, there is a person named Birgit who did a card that perked my interest.  I hope she doesn't mind me scrap lifting her idea.  However, the picture I used behind the torn piece is one that was water colored with a Sizzix die cut of a tree added to the scene.  Delta fantasy snow was also added.

Thanks for viewing today.  Please come again.
Your comments are always welcome.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: