Monday, February 19, 2018

"Canon Glossy Cardstock and Distress Oxide Inks"

Hello followers, visitors, friends and viewers.
It's a rainy Monday where I live.  It's good weather for everyone who loves the rain and love getting wet.  I have to venture out but not because I love being in weather like this.  It's because of an appointment that I have to take care of.
How often do you watch a YouTube channel and then try to create from what you've learned or saw?  Many times I imagine.  Am I correct in saying that you do or am I the only one who will try something seen?
Well, I watched Tim Holtz demonstrating the new Distress Oxide inks on alcohol ink cardstock during the  Creativation  2018.  He stated that all glossy cardstock is not created equal and he did recommend using the alcohol ink cardstock.   Well, I didn't have alcohol ink cardstock, but I do have lots and lots of Canon glossy cardstock .  I pull out a piece to experiment with...you'll never know until you try something.  I have some Distress Oxide inks so I wanted to see if the glossy cardstock I was using would take on the Distress inks.  To my surprise, it did!  The next question was, would the ink stay on the paper without rubbing off...the answer is "yes"!
Okay, so now that I have inked the paper, what else can I do with it?  I placed some more ink onto the Ranger mat and spritzed it with water.  Next, I patted the inked glossy cardstock into the ink that was on the mat.  I placed this aside to do something else and when I returned to the cardstock a few minutes later (maybe ten), the ink spots had dried and it still didn't rub off.  I wanted to try just one more step...would it take on black Archival ink if I stamped an image on top of the Oxide...
I stamped two butterflies from a Recollection stamp set. Testing the ink...it smudged.  I took out the heat gun and used it on the butterflies.  It dried and there was no more smudging.
I used two cut out words to represent what my experiment was like...I lived through the experiment and I had to laugh at the end results...You never know how something will work out unless you give it a try.  I will be using this technique again in the future:
I'll add this to http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.

Thanks for reading and viewing with me today.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: