Wednesday, February 28, 2018

"That Amazing Grace"

Hello to my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
We've made it to the middle of the week and I hope all is well with you and all the other people that surrounds you.

It's Wednesday and I know I haven't been able to keep up with my schedule of posting my scripture/journal cards each Wednesday as promised.  However, I was determined to do it this week on time.  I thank God everyday for giving me this gift and allowing me to create and share with others.  Therefore, I try to show my love toward HIM by creating something that express the joy of studying HIS word and passing it on to others.  Not only do I Hide His Word In My Heart, but I also try to show it with the gift HE has given me.
We can't do a thing without God's Amazing Grace.

My first step in creating this card ... I used a white linen piece of cardstock from PaperandMore   and my Martha Stewart scoring board.  I scored diagonal lines across the entire piece.
Next, I took out my abandoned coral Distress Ink and lightly colored over the top of the cardstock.  I used NUVO Crystal Drops in gloss white on each of the connecting lines.
Using the Big Shot machine, I cut out the Lace Frame and Cross Flower die (Alina Craft)  using paper from Hunkydory (lace frame) and another piece (mauve) from PaperandMore. I also used a silver piece from my stash for the cross flower to be a shadow behind the mauve.
I wanted the words Amazing Grace to fit like a cross and Google had the exact image I was looking for.  Otherwise, I would have used my word processing file and created one myself.
Where the flowers are on the cross, I used three green Doodlebug Design chunky brads for the center of each flower.
Take a look at how all of this came together:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
We are in the Lent season and well on our way to Easter.  Do you know about that amazing grace ... a gift from God, and it is offered to everyone freely, even a “wretch like me,” as John Newton put it so well in the hymn “Amazing Grace?”

Thanks for viewing and thanks for your past comments.  Come again and enjoy your view.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: