Tuesday, May 1, 2018

"Teacher Appreciation"

Hello to all this first day of May, 2018.
We have beautiful sunshine and a lovely day ahead of us.  I realize that some of you due to the time zone maybe into your afternoon tea or it is your dinner time.  Welcome anyway to this blog.
We had community voting today for our Town Council.  My DH did not campaign this year for a seat on Council.  I pray and wish those who did, much success if they are chosen.
Let's talk about teachers.  There is a lot in the news about those who are protesting the low pay or no increase in pay for the upcoming school year.  Also in the news, there are some teachers who are taking advantage of students in ways that is illegal and they can and will spend a number of years in jail.  We are not hearing a lot in the news about the positive things that teachers are doing.
During the week of May 7th - May 11th,  many schools will have what is called "Teacher Appreciation Week".
If you know me personally, you know that I spent thirty+ years as a teacher in the school system as well as at my church (29) on Sunday mornings.  When I did what I did professionally, I loved it.  Many times there is no appreciation for what you have to endure.  That's why I send or give an appreciation to those who are still in the profession.
I have so many colleagues left in the field so this is a card I made for a special friend.
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Enabler's List:
cardstock: PaperandMore linen cream; Recollections light pink and dark green; Hunkydory pattern paper.
dies: Spellbinders Romantic Vines; Spellbinders Love in Flight; ODBD Beautiful Borders; 
embossing folder: Sizzix 
embellishments: Recollections flowers; pink lace ribbon (Walmart)

If you know a teacher ...please show some appreciation during "Teacher Appreciation Week" or any time that you feel the need to show some love.  I'm sure they will appreciate it tremendously.
Thanks for viewing and for commenting.   Please come again.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois


No comments: