Friday, June 29, 2018

"Sometimes That Project Is Not Your Best"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
It's Friday and I know you knew that.  We are ready for the weekend which will kick off the weekly vacation for some.  Some jobs will close down for a week- long holiday due to the celebration of the Fourth of July on Wednesday.  Some people will work Monday and Tuesday and have the remainder of the week off.  I'm sorry for those of you who will only have Wednesday off next week. Your time will come...wait for it.

Yes, it's Friday and I used what was left over on my desk.
It took me more time than I wanted to spend on card making this morning because I did not like the first card I made.  At first, I thought about not posting at all.  Then, I used a few minutes to make another card since I had material left over.  I decided to show the disappointed one as well as the one that I was pleased with.
Here is the one that gave me satisfaction:


entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com


Here is the one that didn't satisfy me:
You will probably say that you don't see anything wrong and that could be correct.  However, the second one which was the first one I made did not quite suit my taste after I had place everything on the card base.  I added too much torn paper and that didn't balance the card the way I wanted it to go.  I think there were too many butterflies.  If I had just left one in the middle it would have toned down the focus a little more.
Some of you may say you prefer this one over the one at the top.  That one may be a little "busy" and not proportion.  But, my eyes focus more on the first one than the second.  You decide and let me know.

Enabler's list:
cardstock: Neenah white;  Recollections taupe;  pattern paper from Authentique and Prima paper pads (I had torn a sheet of paper from each book to use for a card earlier this week).
die cuts: doily(Ali Express), butterflies (Martha Stewart medium and small punch) and flowers (Tim Holtz wildflowers) that had been previously cut out.
embellishments: Offray lace ribbon;  twisted paper;  cardboard; flowers from my stash; sparkling clear droplets from Kat Scrappiness (the only new item today).   The letters to spell out the word "Love" came from TH wondering word die cuts (so old).  One of the pieces of pattern paper had words on it so I fussy cut of the words "embrace life" and added it as a sentiment.

With so few items left on my desk this week, it was really "ruff" in coming up with a solution for today's card.  Any way, I hope you enjoyed the view and please visit me again.
Love reading your comments and I really look forward to seeing what you think about these two cards.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: