Wednesday, July 18, 2018

"Dome Shaped Card"

Good Wednesday to all my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Yes, once again we have made it to the middle of the week.  Our focus is on finishing this week out before enjoying the weekend.
How many of you made a tag on yesterday per my instruction?  If you didn't it's okay.  You'll get around to it sometime before Christmas (lol).
I was checking out some videos on YouTube and came across one that featured a dome shaped card. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZ2yPgE-O4   I stopped and played it over and over to make sure I understood how to make one myself.  If you are interested... type in Craftmania dome shaped card in the search box on YouTube and you will see what I'm talking about.
Take a look at my share for today:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Enabler's List"
cardstock: DP from Hunkydory Christmas Past; Acetate paper
die: Sizzix festive greens
embellishment: Christmas Red stickles

Jamie on Craftmania used a 8 x 8 pre-scored aperture card with three panels.  I cut a piece of cardstock 6 x 12 and scored it at 4", and 8".
I cut off 1/2 inch from the 4"side  and scored 1/2 inch from that same side.  I put double sided tape on the 1/2 inch scored piece.  When the left side is adhered to the 8" score line it will create a dome.  But, before you adhere it down...(1)make sure you have decorated the inside, (2)cut out your aperture on the  3" piece (4" minus the 1/2 you cut off and the 1/2 you have scored and folded), (3)added your acetate behind the aperture, (4) cut out design paper for the front of the 3" piece as well as a piece to decorate the right side of the card.
It's a little time consuming if you use the shape I used.  If you use another shape it may not take you as long as it took me.

Thanks so much for viewing today.  I hope you can find the time to make a dome shaped card.  Remember, at the beginning of the year I wrote that I would be on an adventure to try new things in my card making.  This was one of those adventure trips in making this card.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: