Friday, August 24, 2018

"TODAY"

Hello everyone on this Friday, August 24, 2018.
Are you excited?  I know you are.  You can see a day of relaxation on the horizon...can't you?  Maybe since the schools in our area will be opening after Labor Day, you're still shopping.  Maybe the young college student forgot some items and you have to take them to her or him this weekend .  Maybe it's not the items that are important, it's the empty nest that you're experiencing.
However, the weekend will officially start this afternoon and we, (you and me) will find something to do for enjoyment.
I was so quick and limited on my project yesterday due to my time and things to do.  Today, I've actually pulled out items to make something for someone's birthday in September.  The sentiment on the outside doesn't say "Happy Birthday".  It says "today".  The recipient will see the words "Happy Birthday" on the inside along with a special message.
Take a look at my creation:
entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
These are single sheets of cardstock that came from my cardstock bin.  They were sheets leftover from a pad or pads that I don't recall the name of the paper.  I was just trying to find papers, flowers and embellishments that I thought  would go together.  Since it will be officially "FALL" for this person's birthday, I was trying to find the "fall-ish" colors.

Enabler's List:
Recollections cream, orange and brown cardstock
DP striped and text cardstock (I have no name for these)
Recollections canvas doily;  hemp cord for bow: Sentiment from Dear Lizzy thicker (chipboard)
I used an Alina Craft tag die and Sizzix fall foliage die
The wooden bird is the only thing that was on my desk.  It is from Kaisercraft
The flowers are from Prima and Recollections 

Thanks for viewing.  Enjoy your weekend and if you so choose, you may leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: