Monday, October 1, 2018

"Punching It"

Good Monday, October 1, 2018 to everybody.
It is a nice day in my neighborhood.  We're experiencing early morning crisp air and then afternoon heat.  What about you?  Are you enjoying your weather and surroundings?
As we enter the month of October, don't forget women that this is breast cancer month.  Many shows kicked off their opening with "pink, pink and more pink".  If you have not had those "pumpkins" checked with a mammogram, this is a good time to do so.  For you, your family and your friends...I'm included.
Today's share...I'm back to using a punch...hence the title of this blog post, "Punching It".
With the projects I'm making for my  daughter, I've kept my box of punches very close for the small cuts I have to make.  This morning, I decided to use one (punch) on both sides of a piece of cardstock.  I traced out a tag and use TH butterfly die to cut out a butterfly.  Art-C ephemera was used for the sentiment on the tag and near the butterfly.
Question:  when you finish using an item and the container is empty, do you or can you find another crafty use for it?  Look at that big faux gem on the fan at the top of my card.  It actually came from one of my Nuvo Crystal Drops bottle.  One day when it fell off the top of the bottle I almost threw it away but kept it thinking I would use it later and today was that day.
Here is your view:
Cardstock were various sheets that came from pads that I no longer have for identification.  The base is Kraft cardstock and for the punched layer and the front band, I've used Neenah white.
The butterfly top layer is white vellum.  It has gloss white Nuvo drops on the body. On the punch parts and on the band, I've use white glitter stickles.

Thanks for viewing.  Enjoy this day by living it, loving it, laughing at something funny and then repeat as many times necessary.
Come back again!

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: