Tuesday, January 29, 2019

"A Struggle With The Sentiment"

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
I'm very happy that you could join me today on this Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
To all of my Midwest viewers, please be safe in the negative degrees you all are experiencing.  I was listening to Dylan Dreyer on NBC this morning, who is in the Midwest on an assignment.  She reported how cold it was and how it was making her eyes water and the tears were freezing.  Another report from her mentioned that with the temperatures there along with the wind chill factor, if you stayed outside for five minutes you could have frostbite and a possibility that your eyeballs could freeze.  WTW?  I had never heard of this.  Maybe the reason is that I've never experience temperatures in the negative double digits in my part of the world.  I thought 12 degrees about two weeks ago was bad where I live.  Our little area will have rain changing into snow this afternoon.  My daughter has been talking about how the temperature in Florida dropped to an uncomfortable feeling.   We all have to be careful as well as taking care of ourselves in this weather.

I struggled this morning with putting a sentiment on the card I made.  I looked at the image and thought: It could be a Sympathy card due to the birds that looked like doves.  It could be a Valentine's Day card due to the hearts.  It could be a wedding card due to both the birds, the hearts and the connection.  Should I leave the sentiment off or should I complete the card?   I ended up putting the word "love" in the inside.  This one word will satisfy at least two ideas (wedding and Valentine).  I would love to hear from you and to get your honest opinion.

Here is the card:
Supplies I used:
cardstock: Paperandmore white pearlescent;  Tim Holtz Kraft-Stock Metallic;  vellum
dies: Spellbinders Grate Effect;  Spellbinders Gothic Strip;  Spellbinders Tallulah Frill;  AliExpress dove/heart, "love"and scallop circles;
embellishment: white scallop ribbon; TPC studio silver self adhesive accents

Have you ever struggled with a sentiment after making a card or did you already know what the sentiment would be.  I'm in a habit of putting a card together and then the sentiment comes last.  How many of you do the same?  Other times, I know what kind of card I would be making and have decided on the sentiment before cutting out the cardstock.

Thanks for your time, your comments and your support.  Let's stay connected.

Sending you a hug and love,
Lois

No comments: