Thursday, December 4, 2014

"Frozen" Card In A Box

Hello My Friends,
Yesterday I used Olaf from the movie "Frozen" on a card I made for grown-ups.  I had promised my granddaughter that I would make her something with the characters from this movie. I'm posting the project I made for her  along with a tutorial (card in the box):
These are some of the supplies I used:

  • Cricut Explore along with Design Space and a computer (to cut out characters using print and cut)
  • cardstock and pattern paper
  • paper cutter and score board
  • adhesive
  • For this project I also used a snowflake punch


  • Cut cardstock to  6" by 11" (card) and cut a 1" strip from left over (set aside for later use)
  • Score cardstock at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4"
  • Turn cardstock to short side and score at 3 1/4"

  • Cut cardstock to the  3 1/4" line on the short side (this will make your flaps on the box)
  • The 1" strip should now be cut into 3 1/2" (you will need two pieces to be used in the middle of the box to place your items on). Score 1/2" on both ends of the strip.  Turn the ends in opposite directions.
  • You will also need a 1" piece cut to 3 1/2" folded in half  this will be used to connect both ends of the box.

  • While the box is still flat, decorate with pattern paper.
  • Use the 3 1/2 " of cardstock that is folded in the middle...put adhesive on both sides and connect the box.
  • Add adhesive to the 1/2 flaps on the 3 1/2" pieces. Adhere to the middle section of the box.
  • Place your cut-outs to those flaps with adhesive or glue,. 
  • Decorate the flaps with other pictures or sentiments.


I previously made a Christmas card in the box that has received a lot of reviews. This one is similar to the first one I made and will be given to the person who requested it.
front view

right side view

left side view


Thank you for taking a little time out of your day to view my work.  If you have questions, please email me.








1 comment:

Antonella said...

Love your "Frozen" card in a box. So many details and elements.

I linked over from the "Anything goes Word Art Wednesday Challenge" where I am participating too with Nativity Ornaments. Would love it if you'd stop by.
Hugs,
Antonella
www.quilling.blogspot.com