Monday, May 11, 2015

My Color is Beautiful

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers.
Happy Monday.  I hope your celebratory Mother's Day weekend was fantastic.  I had a great time and really enjoyed all that happened.  After the celebration,  I sat down to make a card and wanted to create a watercolor distress looking background to go behind a large diecut mat. I used watercolors purple and pink along with Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks to create the watercolor background.  I used my Cricut Explore to cut the mat and the word "celebrate" in the Design Space. I used black cardstock to make the color pop a little more.
I totally love how the watercolor-distressed look turned out! Sometimes you just never know how it will look–if it will create pretty colors, or just a muddy mess. Thankfully, this one turned out really cool looking! :) If you don't agree, I think my color is beautiful!
Thanks for viewing with me today.  If you have questions, please put them in the comment section and I'll get back with you.
 
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois wow I love this background it's beautiful.
I wish I could achieve backgrounds like this and
your design is wonderful.

Debs xx
{Debs Cards}

iluv2scrapalot said...

Lovely colors. I need to play wth mine.

iluv2scrapalot said...

Lovely colors. I need to play wth mine.

Cara said...

Gorgeous card Lois! Love the soft colors!
(Hugs) Cara
TTCRD Owner
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}