Thursday, May 7, 2015

Third Time's The Charm, Right?

Hello Friends, Followers and Viewers,
How many times does it take you to do something before you get it correct? For some people it only takes just one try, while for others we keep doing it over and over again for perfection.  The expression, "third time's the charm" means that if something doesn't work the first two times you try it, it should work the third time. It's related to, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again."Today, I've made three cards based on my "happy" feelings from yesterday (Wednesday).  First, I was happy for so many blessings that came my way.  Second,  I din't think I was happy enough with just the feeling so I had to add some  music to make it flow. Third, the music seemed to not be enough  unless I could kick up my heels  to do  a little dancing. Yes, "third time's the charm"!
Happiness
Enabler's List: white and beige cardstock; DCWV the Citrus Matstack  for patterned paper; Tim Holtz's distress inks (dried marigold, tattered rose, vintage photo, tea dye and broken china) white ink; Bokeh technique; Pebbles chalk kit (pink, purple, yellow, orange); hand drawn partial face; brown twine ; stamped "happiness" in  black stazon ink. Followed SC539 from Splitcoaststampers.com

Happiness started with receiving these from Fed EX.  My daughter sent these two dozen roses in various colors to me.

This is a rose bush that I received from my mother's house over twenty years ago.  It forever blooms near or around Mother's Day every year.  It hasn't fail yet.

One of the orchids that I have. It bloom last year around Mother's Day and I was surprised to find it doing the same thing this year.

Along with the happiness from being blessed another day and the arrival of the flowers, I cut the TV off and focused on some music which just made everything flow .
Enabler's List: white and black cardstock; polka dot pattern paper; Offray ribbon; sentiment is computer generated 

Happiness + music = dancing
Enabler's List: brown and beige cardstock; patterned paper from stash; Tim Holtz's alteration brick wall embossing folder; boot sticker; computer generated sentiment; of fray ribbon; dusty rose and brown chalk

Thanks for taking a little time to be with me today.  Come back again.  If at first you don't like what you see...the third time's the charm.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

4 comments:

Treva said...

Thanks for sharing so much beauty and awesomeness! Love the flowers and your cards!

LilArtsyWoman said...

Thanks for the lovely comments you share with me!

CreativeAbuela said...

Lois, making the face with the embossing folder, so clever. You never cease to amaze. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Young said...

LOVELY, Lois!!! (like you!)