Friday, July 10, 2015

I'm Trying To Shake, Shake, Shake: Shake It Up!

Good Day Friends, Followers and Viewers,
No one has missed hearing a snippet of  Taylor Swift's Shake It Off song: Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake    Shake it off    Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break   And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake  Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake  Shake it off, Shake it off.  What is happening in the craft world today are shaker cards.  They are all the rage right now in the world of card making.
Google, Pinterest and YouTube are full of tutorials, tips and techniques to show you how to make one.  I saw a card on Pinterest using items I already had on my desk from cutting out images using the Cricut Explore and the Design Space.  I decided to put them to good use today to shake it up on this Friday morning:
Lovely
Supplies: white and dark blue cardstock with Recollection pattern paper; stamped sentiment from Close To My Heart Sweet & Lovely stamp set; chunky glitter; acetate; umbrella cut with Cricut Explore in the Design Space
  This was my 1st attempt at making a shaker card. Of course I can see the minor mistakes I made and I will continue to work on them during my next project.  It may look good to some but a professional crafter can easily pick out the flaws.

Stay tuned for my next shaker card in the future.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


4 comments:

Treva said...

Such a cute idea using an umbrella for a shaker card. I have a shaker card sitting in my stack of unfinished projects! Knowing you the next shaker card will meet your standards, take care and have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi Lois another great card I love the idea you have created.
And the design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice shaker card - another great creation tfs!!!

Cara said...

Awesome shaker card Lois!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}