Monday, August 10, 2015

"Cherish"...You Do Or You Don't

Good Monday to my friends, followers and viewers.  It is great to start another wonderful week with you.  We did go shopping but only managed to get the necessary food items that we needed.  When I slid into Michaels I pick up twelve sheets of patterned paper (on sale @ 4 sheets for $1)  and an universal overlay for my old Cricut Expression machine.
 Let me interest you today on the topic  "Cherish"...You Do Or You Don't.  Definition of cherish  : to feel or show great love for (someone or something)   : to remember or hold (an idea, belief, etc.) in a deeply felt way.
 I was going through my crafting "stuff" and saw a cute small tag  from K&Company Jubilee Tags & Note cards Die-Cut Cardstock. I thought it would be appropriate for what happened last week within our family.  Within three months, my cousins have had two sisters (with cancer) to die and be buried. One in April and the other one last week. They were both fairly young women in their forties.  Reflecting on the definition of "cherish", to hold dear; to feel or show love for; to take care of; to protect; to cling to the idea or feeling of…  this is what we shall do in the future.  We will remember the times we had with Verline and Christine, irreplaceable people , and cherish those memories forever.   Everyone has somebody in their lives that would benefit by being cherished.  There are people who take other people for granted. We are not here to stay forever.
 Here are at least three things you can do to show that you "cherish" the people in your life:  Spend time with your friends and family...Tell the people in your life how you feel about them...Don’t withdraw your love.
For all of my family members and friends who are still alive, and those who have gone away... I cherish you.  You are and were very special and I love you.

This is the card I made to go with the title today:
 

Supplies: white Recollection cardstock along with craft cardstock
Spellbinder die for mat and for flower (sorry, I don't have the names )

Who or what do you cherish?
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lois what a beautiful card you have created with the tag been the center piece.
I must say while reading your blog i shed a few tears your words are so right. we should tell
our loved ones that they are cherished as you don't know whats around the next corner.

Hugs my friend
Debs xxxx

{Debs Cards}

Beebeebabs said...

Wow such a beautiful card - love the background - great job as always!!!

Colorado Crafter said...

Lovely card, Lois. And lovely thoughts to go along with it! I had just been thinking this morning about getting a batch of cards ready to send to friends... just because... and your post just emphasizes how important doing that really is. And since I'm a Spellbinders addict, I can help identify the dies you used in case anyone is interested. The background/frame die is called Filigree Delight and the flowers are the poppies from the Die D-Lites set called Asters and Poppies.

Have a great day!