Friday, September 4, 2015

Designing With Vellum

Happy Friday to my friends, followers and viewers.
We're having a long weekend .  I hope you have plans to celebrate Labor Day. The last of the beach weekends.  Back to school on Tuesday for the children in my neighborhood.  Hooray for the neighborhood and for the children to journey into new educational adventures.

I sometimes watch a show called "Create and Craft".  One show that perk my interest  involved Pergamano (using parchment to craft with).  What a cute idea. This was just something else to get my hands into.  Well, just before I spent money to purchase the kit, I found something on Pinterest that was somewhat near the same thing...embossing on vellum.  Instead of buying the Pergamano kit, I purchased some heavy vellum to see what I could achieve.

The card I made today incorporates the purchased vellum.  It was used as a mat, as the flower and as the vines behind the sentiment.  I wanted to go a step further to paint my background but didn't have the time. The soft muted look was effective enough for today's project:

This card will be presented on www.WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com for

Challenge #199 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly
Enabler's List: white and pink Bazzill cardstock  for A2 card
white vellum  for mat that was embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder, for vines die cut using a Spellbinders floral die and for the poinsettia flower
a piece of Olfray ribbon; Tiny Craft self stick gems; and the sentiment provided by WordArtWednesday.

I loved working with the vellum especially embossing it to make it look like Pergamano.  I can't wait to try it again using distress inks or watercolor pencils.

Have an enjoyable weekend my friends.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: