Thursday, September 17, 2015

Seriously, I Want You To Notice My Grey/Gray

Hello Thursday, friends, followers, viewers and of course, visitors.  Most of the time I leave you (the visitors) out of the greeting.  I just want you to know that I know you are out there.  You come by every now and then just to see what is going on.  Thank you for your visit.

Now, to the important issue for today.  Your mirror doesn't lie.  It really talks silently to you if you stand staring at it for a long period of time.  What it says may make you hate it or embrace it.  The one that I peer in every day tells me my hair is grey/gray.  I embrace this fact because it makes me feel wiser and look mature.  Yes, there it is!  I look good with my salt and pepper hair.  When I see my stylist and she fix me up...I'm on cloud nine, eleven and twenty (lol).
I don't intend to dye it blonde, burgundy, orange or blue. If I did, I would be the biggest liar trying to hide my true age. God didn't make my hair those colors but he is gracefully telling me I'm reaching maturity when I start to see the change.

You need to know - gray is now THE color to have. Celebrities are even going out of their way to embrace gray/grey.  We are not prepared to fake any longer. We will celebrate middle-age.

Take a look at the cards I'm sharing with you today:
Each new flower is a symbol of HOPE
This card was made with an A2 white Recollection cardstock card base; a grey Recollection cardstock mat; First Edition Craft Doily dies; Spellbinders Poppy die; Offray ribbon and computer generated sentiment
*notice the grey/gray

You are Remarkable
This card was made with an A2 white Recollection cardstock card base; a piece of DCWV gauze (grey) paper; Sizzix thinlits Tim Holtz Alterations die on the corner and my own design on the left; three roses stamped from Stampendous clear stamps...embossed with gold embossing powder and colored with Akashiya Sai red watercolor brush pen; a Martha Stewart's butterfly embellishment and a computer generated sentiment  *notice the grey/gray

Embrace that grey/gray.  On your head as well as on your card making or scrap booking.  It really will look good on you!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: