Thursday, October 15, 2015

Another Card For Christmas

Good Day to all my Friends, Followers, Viewers and Visitors,
Time and days are moving along.  When you think you can put something off, you'll find yourself rushing and making a lot of mistakes.  I'm referring to people who make their own cards to send out or donate to a worthy organization.
It is October and yes many who participate in making Halloween cards are still producing and adding Thanksgiving or Autumn cards to their pile.
Many card makers started back in July making Christmas cards.  Some of us and myself in particular started but didn't complete all that I wanted to make.  I just placed an order for Christmas paper that I saw on a web site and as soon as it gets here you will be seeing more cards for "that special time of the year" or that "most wonderful time of the year".
I started playing around yesterday with a thought of how I wanted a card to look.  I cut out all the pieces to put together this morning.  I may have to stash it because I didn't get that "good vibe" about how it came out.
With a lot of cardstock, pattern paper, embellishments and my imagination, I started on another one with somewhat of the same design.  The second one looked a little better than the first and will go in the box to send to a recipient.
Here are both cards:
The First Card I Made
With this card, I was trying to use an image that I printed out on vellum.  With the metallic foil background, the image appeared muted and out of focus.  Black Recollection cardstock was used for the card base and metallic foil from a Craft Smith paper pad was used for the mats. 

The Second Card I Made
The supplies for this card: black and white Recollection cardstock ; red Bazzill cardstock for the mat; pattern paper from Simple Stories Cozy Christmas. I used the Tim Holt Alteration hanging sign die along with jolee's boutique holiday lanterns.

Are you making preparations for Christmas or will you wait until the last minute?

Sending you a hug and LOVE, 
Lois

No comments: