Friday, October 23, 2015

"Christmas Joy"

Hello Followers, Friends and Viewers,
You are counting down the days toward Christmas.  I know you are.  You can't even get through Halloween or Thanksgiving.  These two are just a blur.  You have started making your list and checking it twice.
Let me remind you that it is approximately two more months before Christmas day.  Did the decorators in the malls wait?   No!  Are all of those catelogue companies waiting to send you "a wish book"?  No!  Are the crafters waiting to make those cards to give or send?  No!  Am I complaining because I saw Christmas decoration in all the malls I went to last week? No, but some people did because I heard them.  Did I complain because I'm receiving Christmas catelogue in my mail box? No, because I always look at paper in a way that is different from other people.  If the company put in a few pages that is the weight of cardstock, I can see a vine, flower, frame or something that I can make from it.  Is there something negative about crafting a Christmas card so that you will have enough before the deadline? No, because when you consider family and friends, that is a lot of cards to personally make.  Do I want to come out the easy way and buy a box from one of local stores to send?  No, I like personalizing.
Joy is the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires .  It is also a source or cause of great happiness .  This is what I would like to see achieved in others.   If, in this small way of making a card and sharing it (The Good News) with you, then, my purpose of  bringing you happiness has been achieved.
Here is the one I made for your viewing today:
"Christmas Joy"
Supplies:
cardstock...white Spectrum Noir and Bazzill in burgundy
DP...Botanique and Colorbox Signature Novelty  ( for the flower...pieces from my stash)
die...Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Words; Script and Holiday Greens
Recollection faux gems and a white chalk pen 



                               

I really appreciate your viewing pleasure.
Please come back again!  I love hearing from you.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois





No comments: