Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pocket Letter for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Hello to my Friends, Followers, Viewers and Visitors,
Welcome to Tuesday.  Love being in the sunshine today after having all the rain last week.
You like receiving mail don't you?  Not the bills that are due but the good mail that you can't wait to open.  Let's say you have join a card making club that will send you "goodies" every month and the package has arrived.  Not really knowing what is in it, you eagerly start opening the box to see what you were sent.  Or, an envelope from someone you know  has come to your address and to your surprise that person has sent you some good mail.
How many of you have received a pocket letter?  These seem to be the going thing lately.
Pocket Letters are pen pal letters in pocket format. Basically, you fill all the pockets of a 9 Pocket Page Protector (or similar) and send the whole page to someone who wants to swap or to your existing pen pal(s). You fill the pockets.
On another blog, some of the ladies are participating in a breast cancer pocket letter swap.  I didn't sign up to participate but I am making one for my sister who is a survivor and for another person I know who is also a survivor.
I'm sharing the first one with you today.  Instead of using the 9 Pocket Page Protector that uses ATC's, I'm using a We R memory keepers photo sleeve because these two people like the cards I make and I had to have something big enough to incorporate the cards.
Front of Pocket Letter

 



 
Back page of pocket letter

I'm going to continue working on tweaking the ATC's and the back page of this pocket letter before sending it off in the mail.  Some of the cards on the back will be replaced with personal items that I know my sister will be able to use (gift cards, bracelet, stickers and embossing folders for her crafting.

Thanks for viewing.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: