Monday, February 8, 2016

" A Birthday Card"

Hello to All
Do you keep an organized box of different cards that you may need for a specific occasion on hand?  Do you add to that box regularly?
I have one  of those boxes that I  keep different cards in.   I'm constantly adding cards to it for the times I may need one or if someone comes asking for one.  That happened just last Friday.  Someone stopped by to get a Valentine's Day Card.  I had enough to share for the occasion.

Today, I made a birthday card to add to my box.  These are  greeting cards that are used more often than others.

Here is a picture of the card and the items I used:





Supplies: 
  • pink Recollection cardstock that was cut at 10 1/4 by 5 1/2.  Scored at 4 1/8 and 8 1/4 and then folded with the short side on the right .
  • grey and white polka dot designer paper from MME Cupid's Arrow pad cut to fit the first panel at 4 x 5 6/8
  • silver foil from American Craft cardstock cut at 1 7/8 x 5 6/8 and then embossed with an embossing folder from the Paper Studio
  • white cardstock was used to die cut the Flower Bramble from Cricut cuttlebug die. The flower and leaves were colored using spun sugar and cracked pistachio Distress Ink from Ranger. Next, I  cut apart the die cut  and  only used various pieces as embellishment for the card. 
  • Offray white ribbon was used on the larger panel.
  • The sentiment from Stampendous (To Celebrate You) was stamped on a piece of pink cardstock left over from cutting out the card then matted with a piece of white cardstock.

items used in project



Thanks for visiting today.   

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: