Wednesday, April 6, 2016

"Incorporating A Napkin Into Your Design"

Hello Visitors, Viewers, Followers and Friends.
It is a lovely Wednesday.  Very cold and breezy in my part of the world.  We are back to wearing coats and turning the thermostat up for a warm and cozy temperature inside the house.  Since it is Wednesday, I  used Psalm 23:1 as a sentiment for my card. It is one of my favorite readings in the Bible.  I will be entering this one over at WordArtWednesday.   You will find great inspiration into the Word on  their web page.
I have oodles and oodles of cardstock, paper pads and scrapbook paper.  So, why do I use other types of paper on my cards.  As I told someone recently, I see paper in a different way than most people.  You could be at a restaurant and the paper they use could be something that you throw in the trash with no thought of using it for something else.  You could receive flowers wrapped in paper and again, throw the paper away without thinking of using it again.  The same can be said about a paper bag given to you by the clerk for your bought items.  You take the items out and the bag is trashed.  I may or may not throw that paper away if I can see another use for it (flowers, a background piece, etc.)
Today, I incorporated a napkin, yes, a dinner napkin into my design:
 

Entry for Challenge Weeks #224-#225 - Anything Goes   WordArtWednesday
Enabler's List:
cardstock/ designer paper: craft cardstock, Recollection light blue and black, Ranger water color paper, a piece of designer cardstock out of my stash that blended with the other paper and a dinner napkin
die: Spellbinders label 7 and Tattered Lace gatefold border die
stickers: The Paper Studio stick. a.bilities and Jolee's boutique
water colors: yellow and pink

pic of dinner napkin

picture of paper that came with some flowers
I used it to die cut some flowers to use for a later project.

This paper came from OCharley's Restaurant
The server had our bread wrapped in paper that looked like this.  I told her I was into scrap booking and I needed some clean paper to use in my projects and she brought me several sheets.

I bought some postcards when we were in Florida at the Botanical garden.  I was surprised when the lady placed my items in this bag.  Otherwise, I would have asked for one.  I've kept it to use in a project.


This is an entry for the  Outlawz Monday challenge

I know this was heavy into the images for today but I was glad you took the time to view.  Try looking at other kind of paper in a different way.  You may or may not trash it.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: