Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Geometric Design"

Hello on this Wednesday... Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
It is a great cold rainy day in my neighborhood...I'm still here and I'm still Blessed to be here.
What's up with you and your world during this middle of the week day?  Are you trying something new and different or are you sticking to the same old way of doing things?
I'm trying something out of my comfort zone today...geometric design with water coloring.  The water coloring is not new, but the way I used it as a design is very new to me.  I saw something like this while surfing Pinterest but it was called the "retiform technique" and distress inks were used.  I'm not calling my pattern "retiform" because I didn't follow that pattern...as they say...I did it "MY  WAY".
Google "retiform technique" in card making and then take a look at what I did:
Two of these cards were made with Neenah white cardstock for the base (4.25 x 5.50) and one uses craft cardstock for the base.  The matting is black Recollection cardstock and the focal paper is Ranger water coloring paper that has been water colored with various water color paints.


Some of the stamps used on this piece are: Fiskars For the Birds (Live your life);Hero Arts  Happy Day (smile); jillibean soup handwritten sentiments (hello there! and love you bunches.);  Heidi Swapp (finger pointing); Hero Arts CL351 (little flower).

Some of the stamps used on this piece are: jillibean soup handwritten sentiments ( This is me missing you and Wishing you joy); Studio g Alison Wong (Hello, smile like you mean it and it's the little things) 

Neenah white cardstock for base; Recollection black cardstock for matting; Ranger water color paper for focal image.
Stamps used on this piece are: Penny Black petal party which was heat embossed with white embossing powder; On top of that image is Penny Black blooming garden poppy that has been colored with a red colored pencil and then covered with studio g glitter followed by black stitching around the image ; The "Happy for you!" came from Fiskars' petals from scratch stamp. Each panel has been water colored using water color paints. 

I'm trying old and new things this week.  I'm not sure which direction I'll be headed tomorrow but come back and see what I find to do.
Thanks for viewing today.  Make it a joyful, happy one and don't forget to help someone else along the way.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois


No comments: