Tuesday, June 7, 2016

"Beyond Embossing"

Hello Friends, Followers, Visitors and Viewers.
It's beautiful outside my window this morning after another round of night storms.  We may have a full day of sunshine to dry up some of the water.  It is all good and I'm quite sure before the summer is over, we're going to need all of this water and some more.
Have you taken another look at some of the embossing folders you have?  Can you imagine how to use them above and beyond your normal usage of them?  My usual routine:  I take the folder out of the package, embossed a piece of cardstock and probably layered an image on top of the embossed piece.
Today, I took out one of my embossing folders and saw where I could emboss it several times,  cut out pieces, color the pieces different colors and then layer them back together.  It created a beautiful effect for the specific folder I was using.  I'm going to try this technique with some other folders later.
 

Here are pictures of the front and side-view of the card I made.

 

Here are the products I used to achieve the look of the card: Darice Embossing folder and bronze cardstock.

Enabler's List
This Darice folder was chosen along with this bronze cardstock (3 pieces).
I embossed the cardstock using this folder three times...one for the base and two to cut up and paint.
Perfect Pearls  in forever green, forever red and forever blue were used to color the various pieces that were cut out.
Foam tape was used on the back of each piece to layer the shape back together.
A gold permanent chalk maker was also used on the circle areas.
The sentiment came from Recollections color splash stamp and stencil.

Challenge entry:  http:www.outlawschallenges.ning.com.... Greetings Challenge - Embossing "Wet" or "Dry" GCC060616

Hope you enjoyed your view and will look at your embossing folders differently.  Give this technique a try...I'm sure you will like it.

Sending you a hug and Love,
Lois

No comments: