Friday, July 29, 2016

"Pleated Fold Cards"

Hooray!!!    It's Friday.
Yes, my friends, followers, visitors and viewers, we  know  what day it is.  It is the day we celebrate because the work week is ending and the relaxing fun weekend is beginning.  Those who are not working are waiting for those who will be ending their week and you will be able to share some time with them.  Some of you who are working summer school had your last day on yesterday and you've headed out to the beach and parks.  This is the end of July...you may say we have two more days (which is true)...but  blink and Monday will be upon us as August...time to get those little kids ready for back to school.
I remember back when I was very, very young and picking out new clothes for back to school...I would always love to find a pleated skirt or a dress with pleats.  For some reason, pleats felt like I was dressing so elegantly and sophisticated.  You can have a good laugh...I did. Today, I only want to see pleats on homemade cards for a design and not on my body.
Here are three, yes, three cards I made using pleats. I did a tutorial search on Pinterest to find the directions:   http://www.createwithgwen.com/2016/02/drapery-look-fun-fold.html?  and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP4diaswToM
 You may use these or find one on your own.

For this card I used  beige Recollection cardstock for my base (A2).  A layer of ancestry family heritage scrapbook paper (green).  The pleats were made from a sheet taken from Recollections Christmas Noel paper pad (polka dot). The heart was die cut from Spellbinders Vines of Passion in a greenish yellow and white.  The small flowers are from Prima.  The sentiment is one I copied from Pinterest.

This card is similar to the one above using different cardstock. (Neenah white and DP from 7 gypsies gypsy pack)..the pleats are reversed... and for added contrast, I used a lamp post cut from Circut Design Space, a corner die that was cut using Our Daily Bread Design  die and a poinsettia cut from Spellbinders. The sentiment was layered on a piece of red from my stash.
This will be entered at WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com   Anything Goes Challenge Weeks #240-#241.

I followed the video on Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie to achieve this card.  I used the Martha Stewart snowflake punch for the center band and a snowflake embossing folder from Darice.  The pleated paper came from Kanban.  The pink cardstock from Recollection and the white base from Neenah cardstock.

It looked like I couldn't stop with the pleats but I finally did.  Making these cards was very easy and relaxing...now I'm getting ready to relax somewhere else for my weekend of fun.  Hope you enjoy your day and your weekend.  
Come again!
Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: