Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"Untitled Card"

Good Wednesday to all my friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
How is your day or morning going so far.  I hope all is well with you and you're having a fantastic day.
This is the question:  How often do you make a card without anticipating what the sentiment will be?  Do you ever just pull out paper and embellishments and start working on a project with no idea what it is for...maybe when the card is finish you will add a sentiment.
It just didn't happen for me today.  This is one of those days that I just started  making a card and don't know what kind of sentiment I should put on it.  Eventually, I will add something later.  It is a card that will be saved until I need it for a special occasion (birthday, sympathy, thinking of you, etc.):
I've been going through my stash of paper to give some away to the Art Teacher at the school I once work at.   I came across all the paper you see in this project and decided to keep this to make something out of it.  That's correct...I kept it to make something but couldn't decide what the sentiment would be.
I started as I always start with Neenah white cardstock cut at the A2 size.  I added a layer of Recollection black cardstock followed by another layer of beige and black ( diamond pattern) that came from Craft Smith cardstock.  Next, I used a music sheet from Kaisercraft and backed it with the black Recollection cardstock.  The very top layer (black and white polka dot) also came from Craft Smith and was layered on top of the black Recollection.  A white flower and a paper butterfly from Michaels was adhere to the card with Spellbinders ferns cut in white, centered around them.

Maybe you have never been in a situation like this...making a card without any idea why you're making it.   Most of the time , it doesn't take long to figure out what needs to go on a card for a sentiment.   I always have a box waiting for future use of any cards that are not ready for anyone or any organization at the time they are created.

Thanks for your time, your comments and your continued support.  Come again.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: