Thursday, September 29, 2016

"It Is Distressed And Stamped"

9-29-2016
Good Day to my Friends, Followers, Visitors and Friends.
It is September 29 and only one more day left in this month.  One more work day left in this week.  WOW! Time does have wings if you are enjoying yourself.  You don't want it to end but the days, and moments are passing us by.  If you haven't stopped to smell the coffee or roses or something else, you must do it now.  Life goes on and it does not wait for you to play catch up.

Okay, I told you about this class by Tim Holtz called "Creative Chemistry 101" that I enrolled myself into.  You know, the one my sister was raving about.  I've watched two days so far.
Day 1

  • I'm assuming it is named creative chemistry so that as he mentioned, you will understand the characteristics and properties of your inks and paints.  You will be able to unlock the creative know how of their uses, effects and applications....my money had been spent and this terminology reminded me of being in a chemistry classroom instead of learning how to improve on my cardmaking.   
Day 2
  • The fun begins with blending distress inks, spritzing/flicking and stamping..  I'm going to show you the card and not a tag as he used.   I didn't want to spritz and flick (water) at this time....I anticipated doing it later on another project.   So far, have I learned anything different than what I was doing before....yes...don't start on the paper...start on the craft sheet in a circular motion....water can be mist into your hand and flicked to the inked area...I can use various colors of distress ink on my stamp along with water to make the image look like watercoloring.
Here are two cards from Day 2.  You might say to yourself....nothing looks different from her other distress inking projects....you are correct.  I don't have a lot of my projects left to compare a project without the class to projects with the class....My thoughts about distressing ....it is what makes you happy.  Even Tim said this...if you try to duplicate the same project over and over...it will never look like the original.

Supplies
craft cardstock;brown Recollection cardstock; Paper Temptress white cardstock; DP-Recollection Bright and Basic
Ranger Distress Inks...dried marigold; broken china;wild honey and fossilized amber
Other inks...Hampton Arts black pigment
die cut...Sizzix  garden greens
stamp...Inkadinkado meadow  and  Recollections color splash stamp and stencil
Entry: WordArtWednesday 
Anything Goes - Challenge Weeks #250-251

Supplies
Recollection pink and black cardstock; Paper Temptress white cardstock
Distress inks: wild honey; seedless preserves; fired brick; evergreen bough
other inks: burgundy colored marker
stamp: Hampton Art and Michaels
Ranger liquid pearls dimensional pearlescent paint



Sorry that this was a long post.  I''m aware that not many of you like to read however, you do like to view and make comments and that is the area I really enjoy.  Keep coming back and I hope you like what you see.


Sending you a hug and LOVE.
Lois

No comments: