Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Six By Six"

9-27-16
Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.  It is the beginning of another three days of rain here in my part of the world.  A repeat of what happened last week...only this time I don't have assignments that places me out and about in the rain.
When it comes to size...what are you most comfortable with? Two inches?  Four inches?  Size two?  Size four?  Size six?  Size ten?  Size sixteen?  Size XXL?  
Wait one minute...did I get specific with where the size would be.   Now, I know most of you started thinking about dress sizes didn't you?  If not, you were thinking about shoe sizes, am I correct?  Shirt sizes? The amount of rain in the rain gauge, perhaps?
Your mind wasn't wrapped around card sizes but that's exactly what I have thoughts on today.  My very first cards, about three years ago, were always made using 4.5 x 6.   I found that I was accumulating a lot of cardstock for ATC's and or tags (an area that I didn't venture in that often).  The accumulation got so bad that one day I went into my craft room with a garbage bag and threw out every piece of scrap cardstock that I was keeping.  I soon change my card sizes to 4.25 x 5.5.  I was no longer accumulating the extra pieces of cardstock.  How fantastic this was.
I was asked by some people, "why do you make these little small cards"? (These were and are all non-card making people).  They are the ones who go into a card shops or pharmacies to buy the 5 x 7 cards.
I watch Create and Craft sometimes and most of the time those crafters make 8 x 8 or 6 x 6 cards.  This crafting show also sells items to use in card making which includes the envelopes for cards of this size.  When I ordered a kit for my granddaughter, some 6 x 6 envelopes came with the kit.  I kept them to use later...
The "later" gradually makes its way into my craft room because I have to get comfortable making cards larger than the A2 (4.25 x 5.5) size.  I accomplished that goal today.  Not one, but two cards in the six by six range:
entry for MojoMonday.blogspot.com #467
Enablers List:
CTMH white cardstock;
Recollection black cardstock and DP from Recollection Christmas Noel paper pack
bow from Recollections embellishments 
used the Spellbinders scallops die
followed the sketch given for MojoMonday #467

entry for the Outlawz's challenges

Enablers List:
Bazzill orange and dark brown cardstock
DP from Recollection Christmas Noel paper pack and from Bright and Basic paper pad
Cottage Cutz wreath and leaves die
Celebrate It Fall Ribbon

Thanks for taking the time to view my writing and cards for today.  Come again and don't forget to leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: