Tuesday, January 10, 2017

"Card File Additions"

Tuesday, January 10. 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Today is the 10th of January and it is my oldest daughter's birthday.  I am reminiscing of the day she was born.  Why?  I remember clearly when I went into labor... there was about a foot of snow on the ground with ice mixed in with it....the same way it is today.  We didn't live close to a main highway then like we do now.  It seem like forever trying to get from our little country road to the major highway leading to the hospital.  Combine the fear of slipping into the ditch with no other traffic at 2 a.m. in the morning along with labor pains for the first time in my life....not a good feeling at all.  I'm thankful for an awesome God we serve because we got to the hospital (twenty miles away) without any major glitches.  I reminded her that this should be a good year because this is what I experienced when she was born.  The only difference between then and now...we live 3-5 minutes from a major highway which has been cleared of all snow and ice and if I have to go to a hospital it will not be because I'm in labor for the first time (lol).

I worked on two cards for your viewing.  One was done over the weekend and the other on Monday after viewing MojoMonday.

entry for WordArtWednesday.blogspot.com
Supplies used:
Recollections brown and blackcardstock; Prima 6 X 6 double sided paper
die: ODBD stitched die to cut out a part of a Heidi Swapp project life card; Paper Artist cutting dies for the hearts
embossing folder: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations
stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers anonymous

entry for MojoMonday.blogspot.com  #479
Supplies used:
sketch from MojoMonday #479
Neenah white cardstock; design papers from my stash; Ranger watercolor paper
Distress inks; blueprint sketch and evergreen bough
die: Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites Medallion
Focal Sentiment: Reminisce-Devoted Faith Collection-His Word

Happy Birthday again to my daughter and all the other people celebrating today.
Thanks for the visit.  Thanks for the love.  Thanks for the comments.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: