Tuesday, February 7, 2017

"Warm Thoughts"

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Hello to all my friends, family, followers, visitors, and viewers.
I have a big smile on my face at this very moment...the temperatures outside are going up into the seventies today and tomorrow.   On Thursday, snow is coming.  Can you believe that?  From spring/summer to fall/winter in less than two days. 
I just heard from a friend in New England.  She and her family are celebrating along with the Patriots today (their win in the Super Bowl), but she stated, "it is snowing".
I'm already prepared.  That is one of the reason I'm smiling.  I may feel the warmth from the sun today but my thoughts will be warmer when the temperature change on Thursday.
So, to go along with the weather, I've made a cute, cute card sending warm thoughts to my friend in New England and reminding myself to feel this way when our weather change:

Here is my card for today
  • I used the double stitched rectangles to cut out opening on the focal layer of my card
  • I used another piece of Neenah white cardstock to determine where I would use the distress ink.  Once the inking was completed, I placed the focal layer on top of the ink layer and adhered them together.
  • Using the Avery Elle stamps, I stamped the penguin images on more white cardstock, colored and cut them out and placed them on the focal area using foam tape after the sentiment was stamped.
  • These two layers were adhered to the black cardstock, the design paper and finally to the card base.
  • Recollections faux gems were added beside the sentiment





equipment used



stamps and dies used

cardstock that was used

distress inks that was used

Thanks for visiting and viewing today.  You are always welcome to leave a comment.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: