Friday, April 28, 2017

"Combining Three Stamps For A Scene"

Happy, happy Friday on this gorgeous April 28, 2017!
Ready for some fun and excitement as we enter the period called "weekend". 
Yes, the work week has come to an end and with the temp being predicted in the 90s for tomorrow...what a way to look forward to having some fun.
Okay, I'll be honest because I just heard from a friend who saw snow in her area and the weather is not as warm where she is.  I could still have fun in the snow if it was enough to ski or go sledding.  We can adjust and make the most out of anything.  For instance, the early part of the week for us was rainy.  Three and one-half day of constant rain.  What do you think I did....read some chapters in a novel, watch a little TV, played in my craft room and started cleaning my closet to donate to Goodwill.  Whew, wasn't that a lot (lol).
Today, I'm sharing a card that I attempted to make a scene using three different stamps.
I started with StampinUp "Beautiful You and used the lady with the umbrella.  I masked out the umbrella because I knew I would be adding the man from Tim Holtz "Life's Possibilities stamp.  He was a little taller and had an umbrella that I could place the lady under (have him to protect her from the rain/sun).
After stamping both the lady and man, I masked them with a stamped image I had done on computer paper.  I used the StampinUp Mediterranean Moments stamp (outside walkway) to have them appear as if they were walking down the pavement.  (My Richmond Virginia friends can relate to this if you have ever been to Short Pump Town Center or downtown in Old Petersburg, VA).
I used some brown and reds water color inks for the brick building and green for the greenery.  The ladies dress is an orange color  (wanting to keep the scenery a little light and airy).
Someone is having a "Special Day".  I'm not sure which one, the man or the woman  (you decide).

Entry for http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Items used to make this card.  Starting from the left is StampinUp "Beautiful You stamp set;  Tim Holtz's "Life's Possibilities stamp set and lastly, StampinUp "Mediterranean Moments stamp set.

Your visit and comments are always welcome. 
Have a nice weekend.

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois

No comments: