Monday, April 10, 2017

"Let's Celebrate Our Siblings"

Monday, April 10, 2017

Hello friends, followers, visitors and viewers.
Happy Monday to you!
Some of you are having a week off for Spring Break.  Some will have to wait until next week.  Some of you are into the Passion Week mode...reflecting, remembering and realizing what this week is all about.
Today is a great national day if you have siblings.  I have some and I'm glad I get to celebrate them today and everyday.  National Siblings Day (also referred to as Sibling Day) is observed on April 10.  It is a day created to honor our brothers and our sisters.

I have two cards to share with you today.  I couldn't decide which one I really wanted to show you so I posted both of them.


this will be an entry at http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
On this card, I used a piece of smooth Craft cardstock, the Suburbia Cricut cartridge and the Cricut Expression machine to cut out the three images of the man and two women.   I also cut out the two focal images (the ladies) using black cardstock.  I was going for the silhouette look for all the images.  I adhered the craft piece to a dark grey piece of Recollections cardstock.   I didn't want the two focal images to still be in the silhouette form so I cut out the outfits in various pieces of scrap paper and dressed them up (also from the same cartridge)
The sentiment reminds me of how we are as a family.  We all came from the same mother but we all can stand alone individually.  Together, we make a beautiful bouquet with our different ideas, knowledge and experience.  We do have our difference but we always have each  other backs in trials and tribulations.
 According to the outfits of the focal women, I found scrap pieces of designer paper to layer together.  The base card is a pale light grey and it measures 6.5 x 6 inches.


This card was actually the first one I made.  I  cut out the back images using a piece of  Neenah white cardstock.  I adhered this piece to grey cardstock and then decided to use the cut-outs and slightly offset them from the grey as if you could see a shadow (see the man in the middle)  I didn't like that for the women,  so I removed them. The focal images of the man (cut from the Cricut Art Deco cartridge) and the woman (from the Cricut Suburbia cartridge) were clothed in cut-outs using different pieces of cardstock and designer paper.  I added the lips, eye and hair to the woman and left the man with a blank face.  
*In our family, some of the women will wear that make-up regardless of the occasion (lol) and our men will stay "blank".  

items used

I love my siblings and I know you love yours also.  Make today a special day for them.  We're all in this together and there is nothing we can do about it.

Thanks for stopping by to view.  You may leave a comment which is always welcomed!

Sending you a hug and LOVE,
Lois



No comments: