Happy May 2, 2017 to you. Hope your day is going well so far and yesterday was a grand day for you.
It's that time of the year to wish our college/university graduates "con·grat·u·la tion" on a job well done as they prepare to walk down the aisle. Next month, we will do the same for our high school graduates.
It is such a joyous time to have reached another milestone in life....ready to face the world. You want to just settle back and breathe for a while but you need to get out there and face the world.
Today, I've made a card with a masculine background because I know of a young fellow who will graduate this year.
I saw the sketch over at www.mojomonday.blogspot.com. Mojo Monday 495 Contest This is the one I followed to make the card.
- I've use a combination of cardstock that came from Recollections (black, tan, script and mixed media), and love Nicole distressed neutrals paper and paper pads.
- I also used a TODO damask embossing folder and Distress Oxide fossilized amber ink.
- I embossed a piece of brown cardstock with the damask embossing folder and lightly rubbed the distress oxide over the top of the embossed image.
- The panel next to the embossed brown piece ( circles), came from the Recollections mixed media pad. This was placed half-way down on the embossed panel.
- The script piece (Recollections) was cut and placed at the bottom of the embossed panel. This covers the length of the embossed panel.
- Next, I cut a tan piece from Recollections cardstock and placed it on top of the circles and the script panels.
- The last piece of cardstock was cut from love Nicole distressed neutrals and placed to connect the other three pieces of cardstock. The word "CONGRATS" comes from the Recollections mixed media paper pad. It was added on top of the distressed neutrals piece of cardstock.
- I added NUVO copper penny crystal drops around the sentiment piece.
|entry for http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com #495|
|2nd card for the next graduate|
entry for www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
|TODO damask embossing folder|
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to view this page today.
Come again, I'll be waiting for you.
Your comments are always welcome.
Sending you a hug and LOVE,